This course is designed for students at B1 level who want to improve their speaking skills.
The course is made up of 10 lessons of 1.5 hours each and will have as main topic myths and legends from the regions of Italy. The aim of the course is for the students to gain confidence in their speaking skills and develop structures and vocabulary that they will be able to use in any contexts. At the same time it will give the student a better understanding of Italian people’s culture.
Each couple of lessons students will work on a different story from a different region of Italy. The difficulty of the tasks and the structure and vocabulary involved will progressively increase.
The work on each story is divided into 4 stages
1. Storytelling: the students listen to or read the story
2. Analysys of the story: what is the story about, what are the themes.
3. Development and Re-writing: in small groups or pairs the students will add some elements to the story and re-write it in the new form
4. Story-re-telling: Each group or pair tell their own new version of the story to the others. Each time there will be a different way of telling the story using different tehatre and storytelling techniques.
5. Discussion: Talking about the story and its meaning, the relationship with the people and related stories and themes