At this level, students are considered proficient users who can handle a wide range of elaborate ideas, and communicate fluently and spontaneously about personal, work-related and academic topics. They can use complex sentences, without effort or the need to search for phrases and expressions, and they are able to efficiently connect words.
- To describe and narrate with precision an event or series of events
- To use a cultivated language to describe positively or negatively a person, a thing or a place
- To express what it might have happened in the past, with accuracy
- To be aware of incorrect forms that are accepted in colloquial spoken Italian
- To use and understand puns
- To differentiate homographs, words that are spelt the same but are not necessarily identical in pronunciation
TAKE PLACEMENT TEST HERE
This course begins on July 18, 2022
2.5 hour classes each week for 10 weeks total
REQUIRED TEXTBOOK: Nuovo Espresso 5 - C1
Textbooks purchased from Istituto must be picked up at the Istituto Italiano di Cultura located at 496 Huron St. in Toronto. Sorry, we do not ship books.
A digital version of the textbook is also available. Click here to purchase the digital version.
IMPORTANT - New students
at the Istituto must complete the placement test before registering for this class. The purpose of this test is to ensure studetns are taking the correct course based on their assessed level. Returning students are not required to take this test.