Beginners 1 | A1.1
A course for students who have never studied Italian formally, students who have been indirectly exposed to the language (e.g. in the family environment, on vacations, etc.) and/or who have studied independently through Apps or similar tools (e.g. Duolingo, Rosetta Stone, etc.).
The aim of the course is to introduce the basic and necessary expressions to satisfy concrete and immediate needs: the students who follow this course will be able to present themselves to other people, ask and answer personal questions (e.g. Where are you from? How old are you? What do you do for a living? How are you? Where do you live? etc.), describe themselves and a classmate by conjugating verbs in the present tense, and agreeing adjectives in number and gender with nouns.
Syllabus: In this course the following grammatical elements will be introduced:
- The pronunciation of the sounds of the Italian language (vocals’ sounds, graphic difficulties, etc.)
- Numbers from 0 to 100
- Formal and informal greeting expressions
- The present tense of all the regular verbs (-ARE, -ERE, -IRE)
- Some irregular verbs (essere, avere, stare, fare, andare, etc.)
- Definite and indefinite articles
- The singular and plural form of nouns
- The agreement between adjective and noun